Monday, March 17, 2008

Masala Chai

Sunday Masala Chai for my very own Maharaja

*I finally perfected the recipe after a couple months of trial and error. Cardamom, cinnamon, cloves, fresh ginger, black pepper, fennel powder, soy, honey and black tea of course. It is really all about timing though...allowing each spice it's time to bloom.



*Oh...and I have a little sustenance for him too: An almond spelt cookie from Hawthorne Valley Farm, our weekly treat from the Green Market at Union Square.

6 comments:

Chandan said...

Hi,
Nice blog you have going here..very rich and full of flavours.. hope you had a nice time in India..
Chandan

Archana Srinivas Pottery said...

Oh...this is fantastic!
Love the mood here:-)

Thanks for the comment on my chai blog:-))

Hope you enjoyed your cup:-)

Arch

shelley said...

Oh, I love Chai Tea. I'm still trying to perfect a recipe - it would be great if you'd share your recipe? The last time I added too much pepper!

Sherri said...

Hi Shelley,
Thanks for your comments! Your blog is lovely.

Send me your email and I will pass along the method I've been using that seems pretty delicious. Though, there are so many different ways to make it.

Best,
S

Maria Petrova said...

i am still on a quest for the perfect chai recipe! do you think you could write it out for me? i would love to try it! i have all the real ingredients from little india : ) : )

Anonymous said...

what a great photograph!